the Evil Network

Not necessarily evil, but not necessarily good...

Zoinks! Magazine | Nerdflood

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Casting your pod...


Posted by Nathaniel at 1:20 PM
I guess I need a podcast category image, because more than likely, I'll be talking about podcasts somewhat regularly around here. Ever since I downloaded iTunes, I've been addicted to podcasts. Here's a rundown of some of the podcasts I've been listening to regularly and that I wholeheartedly endorse for consumption.

Webcomics Podcasts
  • Blank Label Comics: by far the most entertaining podcast I listen to. Dave and Kris have a fantastic rapport and their humor bounces between them effortlessly making for an excellent waste of an hour
  • Digital Strips: the original webcomics podcast, accept no substitutes. Daku and Zampzon (and Phil Kahn) are great hosts and they have access to interview some very influential members of the webcomics landscape. Always an entertaining listen
  • KeenCast: to be perfectly honest, I only listen to the KeenSpot podcast to round out my webcomics collective podcast library. It's not nearly as entertaining as the others, and it's fairly incestual in that they only interview fellow KS-ers. I'm holding out for the Chris Crosby interview
  • Talk About Comics: this podcast seems to me to simply be Joey Manley interviewing webcartoonists who are "innovating" in his mind. WARNING: only listen to this podcast if you 1) can stand to listen to Joey Manley, and 2) are really interested in keeping up with the whole webcomics universe
  • Meanwhile...: even though T Campbell is involved in this podcast, you have to remind yourself that this isn't a webcomics podcast, perse. It's a podcast about comics, including the books. You know, not on the web. WARNING: only listen to this podcast if you 1) can stand to listen to T Campbell (I happen to like him, personally), and 2) are really interested in keeping up with the whole webcomics universe
I also used to subscribe to the KeenToons animated cartoons "podcast", but after it downloaded a few episodes, I realized I didn't like any of them and quickly unsubscribed.
Other
  • IGN Games/Entertainment: surprisingly entertaining! I listen to both the games podcast and the movies and music one. The people doing them are nuts, and it's fun to listen to and keep up to date with everyone's opinions on the latest trash some corporations pass for "entertainment" these days
  • Revolution Report: I'm a Nintendo fanboy. Gotta keep up with what Nintendo is doing!
  • Real Time with Bill Maher: I miss having this man on network television (I don't have cable), so it's fantastic to see that HBO decided to post his shows as (video-less) podcasts. That way, I continue to get my angry liberal fix
  • Ask a Ninja: dear LORD this stuff is hilarious!
  • NPR: Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me: not nearly as hilarious as Ask a Ninja, but still highly entertaining
  • TalkCrunch: Mike Arrington of TechCrunch talks Web2.0, software, business, innovation, and more. Fascinating discussions with major Web2.0 players and soon-to-be spotlighters
Yes, I'm addicted to podcasts. Lord help me, I don't even listen to music anymore.

3 Comments:
3/29/2006 11:28 AM: Anonymous Geekzilla said...

Ask a Ninja is rad...so is zombieandninja.com

I have often said if i can write a ninja/zombie film, that I could cure cancer. Or atleast kill cancer.

comment permanent link  
3/29/2006 11:30 AM: Anonymous Geekzilla said...

Dammit...dead link. Youtube.com has zombieandninja...that much I know is certain.

comment permanent link  
3/29/2006 11:32 AM: Anonymous Geekzilla said...

HA! it is ninjaandzombie.com

See I feel the zombie should get more billing, but whatever.

comment permanent link  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

We've moved!