the Evil Network

Not necessarily evil, but not necessarily good...

Zoinks! Magazine | Nerdflood

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Discoveries: the Green Avenger


Link: http://www.green-avenger.com/
Posted by Nathaniel at 9:49 AM
ComicsI honestly can't remember who introduced me to the Green Avenger. I think I may have come across Abby in the BLC forums, where she and I both tend to frequent. In any case, I'm enormously glad I happened across the comic. I'll tell you why. With bullet points.
  • The art isn't "fantastic", but it's good, and it's definitely improving. It's obvious that there is a lot of heart and dedication being poured into every comic, and that hooks me
  • Even if the art was atrocious (which it's NOT), it's Abby's writing that makes this comic so lovable
  • I love superheroes, and I don't see enough superhero webcomics out there. This absolutely fills that gap IF you're looking for a superhero story that focuses on superhero life vs. personal life as opposed to simply fighting evil
  • That last comment was not a knock against Evil, Inc.. I happen to love that comic dearly
  • She's the Green Avenger, and she doesn't know what she's "avenging".
  • She's a superhero, in Minnesota (well, "Midwestota", but same implication). Now, that's dedication.
  • I seriously believe that Abby has written herself as the main character, and I don't mind. It really works here
Abby has poured a lot of herself into this effort, and it shows with a sense of love and committment. I'm looking forward to seeing what she accomplishes in the near future, and I can't wait to see five years from now how her level of talent has exponentially multiplied into something absolutely astounding.

Because, hey, it's fairly astounding as it is now.

3 Comments:
1/26/2006 12:58 AM: Anonymous Abby said...

I love the italics! And thanks for such kind words. :) It's always good to know that people appreciate what I'm doing. And I look forward to seeing how much I improve in a few years too!

comment permanent link  
1/26/2006 10:11 AM: Blogger Nathaniel said...

Imagine yourself with a comic book deal over at Image Comics.

And then, work relentlessly to attain that.

And good luck. =D

comment permanent link  
1/26/2006 10:21 AM: Anonymous Abby said...

I'd imagine that if I could! :) Right now I'm having a hard enough time imagining getting done with this latest storyline! Thanks. I'll do my best.

comment permanent link  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

We've moved!