the Evil Network

Not necessarily evil, but not necessarily good...

Zoinks! Magazine | Nerdflood

Friday, January 13, 2006

The calm before the storm...


Posted by Nathaniel at 7:12 PM
Evil NetworkI honestly can't remember if I've mentioned that my wife and I are pregnant with our second child. If the case is that I haven't, then the chance is even greater that you didn't know the baby was due any day now. The actual due date is posted in the javascript warning message above--an ominous forebearer of a future date, tediously calculated with the latest paper wheel mathematical due date calculation technologies available.

So, in any case, I wanted to especially make it very clear that at some point between now and then, I will disappear for a while. Chances are good that I will be in a hospital room either making oddly comforting breathing sounds to my wife that is cursing my very existence, or holding a tiny version of myself, cuddling my newborn spawn within my exhausted arms.

In either case, I won't be here, but that isn't the reason that I'll be a very happy person.

3 Comments:
1/14/2006 6:19 AM: Blogger Dacquin said...

Yeah, he'll be happy about the one hour of joy and the next eighteen years of misery.

comment permanent link  
2/03/2006 5:47 AM: Blogger T Campbell said...

Some people just aren't meant to be parents.

comment permanent link  
2/03/2006 5:51 AM: Blogger T Campbell said...

Yeesh-- the above refers to Dacquin, who I'm sure is a perfectly nice fellow, and not to Nathaniel, of course.

Congratulations!

comment permanent link  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

We've moved!