the Evil Network

Not necessarily evil, but not necessarily good...

Zoinks! Magazine | Nerdflood

Monday, December 19, 2005

First Impressions: Shadow of the Colossus


Link: http://www.us.playstation.com/Content/OGS/SCUS-97472/Site/
Posted by Dacquin at 9:08 PM
GamingIco was fun, it made me cry. Any game that can successfully make you cry earns a spot in my heart for actually trying to make a good game. Anyway, the people who did Ico, have now went and made Shadow of the Colossus. I can tell you one think. This game is going to be such a pain the butt, I can only imagine how hard it's going to be.

In a nutshell, girl died, boy wants girl resurrected, god tells boy to kills Colossi and he'll bring her back. You've got a horse, a sword, and a bow. Find their weakspots, exploit them, and kill them. Yeah, that's going to be easy. I played against the first colossus, and he wasn't tough, BUT, judging by how I fought him, I knew that this game was not going to be a cakewalk.

You have a stamina meter, basically telling you how much energy you have to hold on to ledges and colossi. Plus, there's also a matter of reaching those weak spots. They aren't joking when they say that killing each one is a puzzle. Oh man, when I complete this game, I'm giving it high marks no matter what (unless the ending sucks, but it shouldn't if they could make Ico make me cry).

Back to gaming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

We've moved!