the Evil Network

Not necessarily evil, but not necessarily good...

Zoinks! Magazine | Nerdflood

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Nintendo Partners with McDonalds for WiFi Hotspots


Link: http://ds.ign.com/articles/659/659005p1.html
Posted by Nathaniel at 9:28 AM
GamingI'll let the official text speak for itself on this piece of news.
Nintendo of America on Tuesday will announce a groundbreaking partnership with Wi-Fi provider Wayport to make available free Internet access to DS owners at McDonald's restaurants across the nation. Nintendo and Wayport will offer complimentary Wi-Fi hotspots at McDonald's establishments, enabling DS owners to use the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, which launches November 14 in the states, to play online games with or against each other.
OK, no, I won't let the official text speak for itself on this. While I agree that this is a great idea from a marketing standpoint, this will be absolute hell for parents of DS-owning kids. My 3-year-old already screams at us when we pass by McDonald's on the way to healthier eating establishments, I can't imagine what this will be like for the parents of kids who want to stop in for a Happy Meal AND a wifi hotspot for some Poke-battles or whateverthehell those crazy kids are playing these days. Nintendo may soon be making a few hundred thousand mortal enemies. Only time will tell.

3 Comments:
11/08/2005 10:18 AM: Blogger TadaDiscounts said...

Great site!

Please check out my blog- Housewares

Or your my be interested in my other site- Housewares where you can find Housewares

comment permanent link  
11/10/2005 4:32 AM: Blogger TadaDiscounts said...

Great site!

Please check out my blog- savings

Or your my be interested in my other site- savings where you can find savings

comment permanent link  
5/04/2006 4:34 PM: Blogger StarSearch said...

Free-WiFi-Hotspots.com

I have used free-wifi-hotspots.com for many years to find free wifi hotspots in my local area.

They are highly recomminded...

Thanks Free-WiFi-Hotspots.com
http://www.free-wifi-hotspots.com

comment permanent link  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

We've moved!