the Evil Network

Not necessarily evil, but not necessarily good...

Zoinks! Magazine | Nerdflood

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Google Learns to Talk


Link: http://talk.google.com
Posted by Nathaniel at 1:44 PM
SoftwareHot on the heels of a hideous new version of Google Desktop comes a slick little lightweight chat/voice app from Google. You must have a Gmail account in order to use Google Talk, but setup and usage is a breeze.

I've got it installed, myself. If you want to talk at me on GT send a message to evilnetblog@gmail.com. Do not add evilnetblog@gmail.com to your Google Talk! That's not the account I'm using. But send a message there, and we'll get each other on our buddy lists.

I've heard that you can use Google Talk over Trillian, but I worked on it for a while last night and couldn't get the blasted thing to work. If you have, please let us know how you did it.

[UPDATE: just discovered that getting GT to work with Trillian requires Trillian Pro. So, nevermind...]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

We've moved!