the Evil Network

Not necessarily evil, but not necessarily good...

Zoinks! Magazine | Nerdflood

Saturday, August 27, 2005

GameSpot Interview with Penny Arcade's Robert Khoo


Link: http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/08/26/news_6132103.html
Posted by Nathaniel at 2:37 PM
GamingWith PAX well underway, GameSpot interviews the man behind the scenes at Penny Arcade. It's no secret that Jerry and Michael have an inverse business/gaming aptitude ratio, and Robert Khoo is the brains behind the business. The interview is actually quite interesting to see how he scored the business gamer's dream job: being the strategist for the greatest gaming icons of our generation.
"A week later I had a follow-up lunch with Gabe and Tycho and made them an offer they couldn’t refuse. I plopped down a 40-page, five-year business plan for Penny Arcade and told them that if they gave me the green light, I’d quit my job and work for them for two months for free. If I couldn’t pay for myself after that time, fine, fire me. No hard feelings. If I work out, even better. Again, that was three years ago."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

We've moved!