the Evil Network

Not necessarily evil, but not necessarily good...

Zoinks! Magazine | Nerdflood

Sunday, June 19, 2005

It's ringed with mountains so you can't escape...


Posted by Nathaniel at 7:29 PM
So, today marks my fifth day in Mexico. As much as I have really gotten to like Guadalajara (despite the fact that it is an entity approximately one thousand times more enormous than anything a simple Iowa boy should EVER be let loose within), I'm ready to go home. I'm counting down the hours until I get on the plane that will take me back to my native soil. Currently: 116. Don't make me count the minutes.

I've ventured out at least a little bit this weekend. I took a walk down to the Plaza del Sol, which is a sort of a mall they have here, I believe. There was a Subway there, and a Dairy Queen, the only places I felt I could safely walk into and order from a visual menu. "Numbero Siete" I spoke elegently and confidently in the Subway. The nice man behind the counter mistook my meager attempt at navigating his language as "fluence", and proceeded to dispense incoherent jibberish in my direction in a 20-second repeating loop. I smiled and said "Si", which he responded to by throwing my meatball sub to the floor, kicking it wildly, pouring on onions, tabasco sauce, and a substance I'm probably thankful I couldn't recognize, before handing it to me. I evidently managed to order "slightly mangled and disturbing food". I thanked him and paid him an inordinate amount of pesos. The sad part is that the same thing happens to me regularly in Subway in the US, as well.

More nonsensical adventures in Mexico later! Same Bat-channel, likely a slightly different Bat-time.

1 Comments:
4/30/2006 6:16 PM: Anonymous Geekzilla said...

Haha...just read this...I wonder what I was doing June of last year? How did I miss this?

comment permanent link  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

We've moved!