the Evil Network

Not necessarily evil, but not necessarily good...

Zoinks! Magazine | Nerdflood

Friday, March 18, 2005

My past is coming back to haunt me......


Posted by Dacquin at 7:53 AM
I posted recently that I'd be doing comics for Evil Network, and I'll start doing random ones on Monday (woohoo!). Then, a part of my history with webcomics creeped up with a recent email that started:

"I like your parody of Ace of Base for Resident Life comics".

And it came back to punch me in the face.

I like Ace of Base.

Wait, I mean, I wrote parodies for webcomics in order to get people to come to read my webcomic. Right now, I'm going through all my archives of my comics (not suggestable *ugh*) and seeing if I still have: A. the parodies and B. the recordings. I did three recordings for webcomics and the most famous was for Real Life Comics. 5 minutes of my 15 minutes of fame came from that.

Anyway, I talked to Savage Alien about the email, and he ENCOURAGED me to continue doing it. So, if there are any suggestions of comics and songs that should be parodied, pass them along. Try to avoid Britney Spears and Ashlee Simpson as that will instantly NOT make we want to do new parodies. If I find my old parodies, I'll post them up.

1 Comments:
3/19/2005 3:09 AM: Blogger Savage Alien said...

Barenaked Ladies did a good parody of Britney Spear's "Oops, I did it again" with a Star Wars theme incorporating the Imperial March.

And it was great.

comment permanent link  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

We've moved!