the Evil Network

Not necessarily evil, but not necessarily good...

Zoinks! Magazine | Nerdflood

Monday, February 28, 2005

This jail cell isn't big enough for all of us...


Posted by Nathaniel at 10:06 PM
I love to write. You think I'd do it more often. Truth be told, I think I do it too much. I just don't do it here.

Now, I've been convicted. Eric hit the nail on the head with his post a couple of days ago. Here's the paragraph that actually caught my attention:
I don't get paid for Websnark. I'll never be paid for Websnark. And some days I have no gas in the tank for writing it at all, and I admit it. But even on those days I'll post something by midnight saying I have nothing. I have something, and I try, on at least a semi-regular basis, to have something good.
He wasn't talking about me in particular. I know this. I'm fairly confident that Eric joins the internet masses who don't even recognize that the Evil Network even takes up a tiny bit of space on this webscape. But I've been convicted just the same.

For years now, I've been in love with the idea of the Evil Network. The idea has been magnificent to imagine. The idea has kept me creating and re-creating the Evil Network in so many different incarnations over the years, trying in vain to once again attain the recognition this site once held. I've held such a firm grip on the idea, that it has even sucked others into its void. Dacquin and ArshrAAm and Savage Alien. They've all bought into my idea, and I'm beginning to wonder what this idea even is.

I love to write. I originally put up the Evil Network because I wanted to be able to create for an audience that would appreciate my words and my perspective. But I've been neglecting my child. If I want the idea to become more of a reality, I have to work at it. It won't come by chance; nothing ever does. If I want something to happen, I have to make it happen. To paraphrase Eric:
I don't get paid for the Evil Network. I'll never be paid for the Evil Network. And some days I will have no gas in the tank for writing it at all, and I admit it. But even on those days I'll post something by midnight saying I have nothing. I'll always have something; and I'll try, on at least a semi-regular basis, to have something good.
Consider this yet another renewal. Actually, no - consider this a pact. If you promise to buy into this idea of mine, I promise not to waste your belief in what we can accomplish here.

I love to write. And starting now, I finally remember that I love to write here.

5 Comments:
10/17/2005 11:05 PM: Blogger cc Infopage said...

.

Hotmail News by www.infopage.cc - Oct. 17, 2005


Microsoft to Test New Hotmail Interface (AnandTech)
For those of you that use Hotmail, Microsoft is testing a new user interface for the popular web-based email client: Microsoft is preparing to publicly test its new front end Hotmail, code-named "Kahuna" and simply branded: Mail Beta. The upgrade will support an AJAX-based interface that has been rewritten from the ground up using...

AOL Offers $299 PC (Connected Home Media)
Everyone's favorite dominant ISP introduced an intriguing offer this week: Agree to use AOL for a year, and you can purchase a low-end PC from the company for just $299. Although the deal seems like a bid to stem the flow of subscribers eager to get out from under the multicolored, dumbed-down AOL interface, the offer actually appears to be decent, assuming you're not into playing the latest 3-D games. Of course, you can get a decent Dell system for not much more than the cost of the AOL PC plus the service (about $585 when you add it all up).

Preview of New MSN Hotmail (Slashdot)
An anonymous reader writes "Here is a Preview of a new MSN Hotmail system, using AJAX. Currently in Beta testing." Most interesting is how the user interface more closely resembles a traditional local application. It's definitely a big step in that direction.

Free Anonymous Proxies by www.jeepee.biz

Have a nice day,
jeepee

Delivered by Infopage.cc: 30,000 daily updated Information Pages about all kind of subjects

comment permanent link  
10/21/2005 1:42 PM: Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I just came across your blog about texas online auctionand wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site & blog about **keyword** texas online auction so I know I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!

comment permanent link  
10/22/2005 12:44 PM: Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I just came across your blog about dave mason powersellerand wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site & blog about **keyword** dave mason powerseller so I know I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!

comment permanent link  
10/25/2005 4:02 AM: Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - I really like your website. I have one on martial art belt here is the link to it. Come visit it and let me know what you think.

comment permanent link  
10/26/2005 9:51 PM: Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog you have here! I am going to bookmark this one.

Play free online gamestoday at arcade queen

arcade free game ultimatearcade free game ultimate

Play until you drop but whatever you do don't let your boss catch you!

comment permanent link  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

We've moved!