the Evil Network

Not necessarily evil, but not necessarily good...

Zoinks! Magazine | Nerdflood

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

BlogSnob sucks


Link: http://blogsnob.simpleads.net
Posted by Nathaniel at 11:14 AM
Evil Network I don't know if anyone visiting ever even noticed the BlogSnob ads down on the right-hand side of the site. Well, you needn't look - I'm getting rid of them. I checked the reports for the past month. In 30 days our blog ad has appeared almost 1,000 times. Click-through ratio? Zero. I did some searching and found that others had ditched them as well, and there are numerous complaints regarding their inclusion of paid advertising, something I have noticed and really didn't pay too much attention to since, you know, it's free and all. But basically, my stance is, if it doesn't appear to be helping, why take up the space?

My question to you is: does anyone know of a really good blog-share or blog-link service, (preferably free) that we could hook up with? Let us know if you do. We're in the market.

1 Comments:
1/19/2005 5:03 PM: Blogger Adam Kalsey said...

Your click through ratio will only be as good as your ads are. The average click-through for the network is 0.3% with some ads getting as high as 2% click throughs.

comment permanent link  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

We've moved!