the Evil Network

Not necessarily evil, but not necessarily good...

Zoinks! Magazine | Nerdflood

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

The Great Debate: the Nintendo DS vs the Sony PSP


Posted by Nathaniel at 11:04 PM
While this debate has been covered in many different arenas, I still feel the need to chime in with my impressions. Take this as coming from the perspective of a huge Nintendo fan who has been personally jilted by the hideously business-oriented planned obsolescence of the Game Boy Advance. While I have faith that Nintendo can do great things when motivated by aspirations that conquer even the foul, heathenistic desire for money, I have had my head thrown against the wall by their "innovation" marketing mantra too many times to take them at their word from day one. Basically, this blog is just as much for myself as it is for our readers. My hope is to fling this pile of indiscriminate, detailed information into an intelligent, cohesive examination of the facts. There will be no fanboyism. There will be no (absolute) favoritism. There will be no "this is teh roxorZ!!!11!" without the appropriate dissemination of the data to prove the point valid. This will be a (fairly) unbiased look at the two handhelds, what they have to offer, and the inherent empty promises.

I have played neither system. While that may force upon me the label "uninformed" by a careless few, it actually makes me something else entirely: the average consumer. I glean my data from sources found upon the wondrous and magical intraweb, and notice I used the word "data" (...and "intraweb", but ignore that part...). I don't take other people's opinions and take them as crude fact. I don't take speculation and pile even more speculation upon it, creating some sort of freakish, Frankenstein-ian hyperbole monster, threatening to tear asunder the very fabric of this factual physical world in which we live. No. I'm quite good at making my own assumptions, thank you very much. I don't need someone else to do it for me.

That all said, please read on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

We've moved!