the Evil Network

Not necessarily evil, but not necessarily good...

Zoinks! Magazine | Nerdflood

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Online Comic (sporadic) Spotlight!


Posted by Nathaniel at 1:37 PM
A new Spotlight has been posted. And there was much rejoicing. Amen. It's not going to be weekly anymore, not because I can't handle the strain of a weekly update, but because it took me this long just to find a suitable comic to Spotlight. I had some submissions sent my way from some readers (thank you! Keep them coming!), but unfortunately, nothing truly Spotlight-worthy.

I've been playing a bit of Legend of Zelda: the Wind Waker lately, going through the 2nd quest in my crab shirt and orange pants. It's very cool to be wandering around in that getup, mainly for the fact that I'm relieved Link doesn't have to wear that dorky hat. My god, that outfit makes him look just as bad as Tingle.

Have you heard the news? Evidently, Bryan Singer ("former" X-Men director, bastard) has selected his Man of Steel for the upcoming Superman movie. Yeah, not to encourage the whole idea of Iowa being a tiny, insignificant state where everyone knows each other, but: I know him. Of course, I don't want to make it sound like he and I are best friends or anything. I've met him a couple of times. He's a computer geek and Warcraft player, like myself. He's the close cousin of one of my best friends from high school (actually, now that I think about it, my only friend from high school with which I'm still on speaking terms). I don't want to say too much, since my friend actually visits this site (probably more often than I do - bah dum CHING!). More than anything, I just think it's cool when someone from Iowa gets recognized by more than just the local newspaper. Ashton Kutcher was one instance of an Iowan achieving greatness in the media. I'd like to see more Iowans make it big. It might actually get people to realize that there's more to this God-forsaken state than just corn and soybeans. And the State Fair. And the butter cow.

Dear God above, help us. Yes, we have a butter cow...

The Election is almost upon us. Throughout this whole affair, I've been meaning to post insightful commentary on my Evil Network Politics page, but really, with sites like Slate, do you really need me to do that? I think not.

Penny Arcade's Child's Play charity game drive is underway again, this time with 5 hospitals across the country benefitting from the charitable giving of internet-savvy gamers. I'm donating, are you? With several Amazon.com wish lists set up for this event, it's easy and painless. No prerequisite necessary other than a giving heart and an open wallet. Try it out. Maybe your heart will grow three sizes too big.

Later, kids....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

We've moved!