the Evil Network

Not necessarily evil, but not necessarily good...

Zoinks! Magazine | Nerdflood

Monday, October 25, 2004

Firefox and Toys


Posted by Nathaniel at 3:15 PM
Just downloaded the brand new Firefox 1.0 PR Mozilla web browser the other day, and I have to say, I'm having a blast. I had grabbed the previous 0.9 release a while back and experienced too many setbacks in using it properly to really appreciate the application. I'm always happy to experiment with something that can keep me from being tethered to IE's unsupported conditions and inability to remain in the loop on current web standards. It drives me crazy to see my webpages in IE whenever it reads the CSS incorrectly, which basically amounts to somewhere between constantly and all of the time.

In getting the 1.0 release, I also decided to play around with some of the more popular Firefox extensions. So, I downloaded FoxyTunes (media player controls embedded directly in the browser), Sage (RSS feed aggregator), and BlogThis (Firefox equivalent of the "BlogThis" button included in the IE Google Toolbar). While those seem to be excellent additions to an already well-designed web browser, what I really use Firefox for is the tabbed browsing. That's where you can open up several different web pages within the same instance of the Firefox window, and I absolutely love it. The second IE comes out with an update that does essentially the same thing, I'll probably switch back. But since it took Microsoft several years to finally come up with that whole ad-blocker plugin all those internet kids have been so crazy about lately, I'm not exactly holding my breath.

Did everyone get a Toys 'R' Us ad in the Sunday paper? Well, good. Now, all you have to do is go to your local Toys 'R' Us store and get 1 free game with the purchase of 2 games. That's not a bad deal. Spend approximately $100 on $150 worth of merchandise. Actually, now that I think about it, that's a pretty crappy deal. Maybe you can sort it out with your mom. She knows better than you do, anyways. You can do kind of the same thing online, only the deal is even more painful there, since you are limited to only certain systems, and only certain price ranges, no overlapping. I guess I should just be happy that I actually have some birthday money coming to me (you know, since my birthday is this coming Saturday! You knew that, right?), and I shouldn't really be concerned about trying to take said money and attempt to somehow connive my gift into more games. It would take math that I have not yet mastered. Higher, advanced math, such as pre-algebra, and remedial fractions.

That's all I've got for you today. Someday, I promise, I'll actually say something meaningful.

I know you don't believe me. I don't believe me, either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

We've moved!