the Evil Network

Not necessarily evil, but not necessarily good...

Zoinks! Magazine | Nerdflood

Sunday, September 26, 2004

My friend pronounced it "guh-mail"...


Posted by Nathaniel at 10:34 PM
Yep, I finally scored myself a Gmail account. Some thoughtful person in some forums I frequent was kind enough to pass out some free invitations he had received. For as long as this email system has been in beta, and as much coverage it has received in the web media, I'm sure it will be unveiled to the public sometime very soon. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the nice features that are so very different from all the other email accounts I have used in the past. For example, I have 10 emails in my inbox. I'm currently using 0% of my 1GB of space. Wow. The labels are excellent too. They (admittedly) have a lot of work to do in the horrendously-designed Contacts section, but I'm sure they'll get that cleared up soon. Want to email me? Get on my "good side" so I can share the love when Google decides to allow me to send out 6 invitations of my own? Here's the new address: nathaniel.payne@gmail.com.

I know I said I'd be posting more often, and I absolutely hate it when I say that, and then immediately thereafter, my life is suddenly plunged into a downward spiral of furious and constant motion, as is often the case. Right now, the Sunday night high school church group I teach has started up again for the school year, and I'm writing the lessons for basically the entire year. That's a lot of teaching for a volunteer job. Plus, we had another one of our "crazy" week's at work where we have 20 people from our worldwide offices in for design work on our major project implementation, and I work a thankless 10-12 hour day and then go home and crash so I can get ready to do it all over again the next morning. It's fun! Well, I shouldn't say it's completely thankless. Our bosses let us know just how much they appreciate us when it's all said and done. But until then, I just feel like one gigantic blur. Whirlwind of activity! Something like that.

Someone pointed out to me that the current Online Comic Weekly Spotlight has been up for about a month. Yeah. Thanks for pointing that one out, Captain Obvious. Appreciate it. I'm going to switch the title to "Online Comic Sporadic/Periodic Spotlight" just to prove a point. I don't know right now what point that is, exactly - my brain is just a bit numb at the moment. I'll think of something, though. You rest easy. I'll get something up there. I've had a few suggestions recently, and I'll go see if something is postworthy.

But just so you know, if you have gone and checked out the current Spotlight, you would agree that something requiring that much effort and talent deserves to be in the Spotlight just a bit longer, no?

Later, kids. Remember to email me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

We've moved!