the Evil Network

Not necessarily evil, but not necessarily good...

Zoinks! Magazine | Nerdflood

Monday, July 12, 2004

I'm such a dork


Posted by Nathaniel at 9:54 PM
More on this later.

Obviously, I've been tinkering around with 1up's newly redesigned website, and it's actually a lot of fun, if you can get around the gut-wrenching load times, which I usually can't stomach. They've set up an interesting "friend invitation" system, where you ask strangers to be your friend. Part of the fun is seeing who will actually respond when you invite people to be your friend. I've probably invited at least 10 people to be my friend just in the past 2 days alone. So far, only one has replied. Who is this wonderful stranger? you ask. Well, not to be completely ironic, he appears to be a fellow Iowan. That could say a lot about both the internet and Iowans in general. We're a friendly bunch, we Iowans. The rest were from such God-forsaken areas as "San Francisco" and "Phoenix." I'll never hear from them.

This nice guy who actually wants to attempt to be my friend (bless his heart - he has no idea what he's getting himself into) showed me a really cool site for wallpapers that absolutely blew me away. This means that most of my adoring audience has probably known about this site for years: DigitalBlasphemy.com. All wallpapers in this site are at 1600 x 1280 resolution, rendered in spectacular 3D, and look absolutely amazing. I would download one or two, but my measly computer probably wouldn't boot up after placing one of these monsters on my desktop. These wallpapers are designed only for those few who actually make these kinds of wallpapers. Sort of how the Japanese language is designed specifically for the Japanese people, and when you see a dorky white guy speaking Japanese, it just makes you want to laugh out loud. Yeah. It's sorta like that.

Still playing. I'll keep you posted. Don't worry - I'm not going anywhere. Oh, wait - yes I am. The last week of July I'll be gone for the whole week. I'm taking our church youth on a youth conference outing in southern Missouri (shudder). I'll be back the last weekend in July.

Actually, I'll be back before then, that's just when I'm getting back from the trip itself. OK, nevermind. Later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

We've moved!